Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
We will NEVER know how many Americans had this virus. Even the CDC says most people will have mild symptoms and recover at home. I don’t know about anyone else , but widespread antibody tests won’t happen imo. Without the data, any numbers based on cases aren’t valid.

Interesting. The MSM tonight, ABC I believe we watch, said they are working on a test that is designed to work with antibodies, and will be cheap and quick. Will be fun to see who gets tested and when. Maybe it will be "essential" folks first?

Geno

Who knows. I suppose they could figure out a way for everyone to get tested. How much will that *cost* and wfsts the most economical way to administer the tests properly? Costs of the test itself aside, will the Walmart self checkout give us the test?

It will be easy enough to test everyone.

When they line us up for the bar code tattoos they can give us the test, no?

Joking. Honestly, if they test enough folks in enough different areas of the US they will have a pretty good idea statistically what the actual numbers are.

Generally, there is no need to take every marble out of a sack of black and white marbles to determine if it's a 50-50 mix. You can get close enough with sampling.

And what will the costs be for not testing a bunch of folks? Well, if we've done a pretty good job of "self quarantining", then we will have a high proportion of naive subjects when it comes around again. Might be cheaper to know what we're dealing with, eh?

Of course, if the gooberment does it, it will cost us in taxes. If private industry does it, it will cost us as individuals to get tested, maybe more than the .gov way as there will be profit involved, and likely cost us again in tax incentives the gooberment will have to give the companies involved to get them involved in the first place.

One thing's for sure, it won't be "free"............like that $1200 we all gettin' laugh

Free money bro, free money. crazy

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?