Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
We will NEVER know how many Americans had this virus. Even the CDC says most people will have mild symptoms and recover at home. I don’t know about anyone else , but widespread antibody tests won’t happen imo. Without the data, any numbers based on cases aren’t valid.

I hope we see random sampling of the population for antibodies sometime in the next six months to a year. If for no other reason than to predict herd immunity and possibility of a second wave of the virus hitting us again next year.

As many have stated here, the one data point which will be uncontested will be the body count.

A straight Body count alone isn’t good enough I don’t believe. It won’t be that black and white. What if someone had part of a lung removed because of cancer and got the virus? A cigarette smoker? On Oxygen already? Diabetic?

Lots of people live very productive lives for ten, twenty, thirty even forty years with one or more of the conditions you mention. Many of them fully employed for many of those years.

It is hard to draw a line to determine the disposable portion of society.

I’m not indicating any of those scenarios make someone disposable. For the diabetes, I only mention that because I thought I read it was really h ell on diabetics.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]