Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

The middle of Jan is widely accepted as introduction of patient zero in USA.
Feb 29 shows the first death. A delay of six weeks.
Mar 4, 11 deaths
Mar 8, 22 deaths
Mar 12, 41 deaths
Mar 16, 86 deaths
Mar 20, 256 deaths
Mar 24, 775 deaths

If that is not exponential growth, someone needs to dig up my seventh grade math teacher and put a bullet right between his fugging eyeballs. Because it sure looks like what he taught me was exponential growth. And again, the doubling rate of four days has turned into a tripling rate.

It's not exponential growth within a population of 350 million.

It's not exponential growth, at all.

It's just the small sample size at the beginning of the population of a set.

Even your numbers show a linear increase, though you skipped days to try and bullshit the fire.

If your education is insufficient to recognize the difference between linear growth and exponential growth, there is little we here can do to help you at this point.

But, just a hint, when charted on a graph, linear growth shows as a straight line. Exponential growth shows as the curves depicted in the graphics above. And, if you are depicting a doubling rate of four days, you just might be inclined to show data points at four day intervals.

A projection based on the optimistic hope of a four day doubling rate for deaths.

Mar 24 750 deaths (rounded down to make the numbers easier to work with.)
Mar 28 1500 deaths
Apr 1 3000 deaths
Apr 5 6000 deaths
Apr 9 12000 deaths

Oh, is it starting to look like it just might match all the Flu strains put together for annual deaths? And do so over a three week period?

At Apr 9 it is just getting started.

I sure hope I am less correct about the next two weeks than I have been about the last two.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.