I'm 68, got under 200 lbs last summer for the first time in nearly 30 years. I hit the gym an average of 5 days a week with some hiking on off days. I do some strength training at the gym, but bad shoulders and a trick knee limit what I can safely do there. After the weight machines, I alternate days on the treadmill and eliptical. I don't run on the treadmill because of the knee, set it to 3.5 mph, raise the platform to 15 degrees and walk/hike for 5 minutes, drop it down to 12 degrees for another 22 minutes and then level it out as a cool down for a total of 30 minutes. I use the built in heart monitor to keep tabs on heart rate and try to hold it under 150 bpm. There have been times when it's gotten as high as 160, but not often. There was a athletic younger guy watching a while back who asked me what I was trying to do. I told him so I could keep up with the boys when we go hunting, said that's a piece of cake when you get to 10,000 feet in the mountains. His answer, "I don't want to go to the mountains".