Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I talked to my doc last week. Cholesterol is good (I’m on a statin so it’s working), BP is good (lisinopril, so that’s working), but my A1c is an RCH from diabetes. I’ve been a fat fûck for the last decade (gained 30 in the last 3 years) and the bill is due.

Tired of being tired. I can still hunt but it takes a lot more out of me. Sat down with wifey. Made the commitment to eat better and move more. Sure, I’ve made the promise before, but the specter of a physical breakdown seemed much more remote. Now I have a piece of paper that says “You’re killing yourself, dumbass.”

We’re gonna pay off the house next week. Financially set in IRA/401K, both of us. Great jobs, both of us. Great marriage. Now I just need to learn how to put the fork down.

Kinda looking forward to see if I can do it. I know what the consequences are if I don’t.

P

You've done a humble evaluation.
Good start.
You see that whatever you did to get here did not work and its a path you do not want to take.

If I were you I would do the following.
Take 30 minutes of time with God.
Compared to 57 years, that's a moment of your life that can provide more than you and your wife's careers selling whatever.
Both of you can Watch the two links below individually.
The answers start there.

HC