Bad habits die hard.

Bad health and you will die even harder.

I eat more greens, beans, rice, and beets than any normal man should.

Pick up a hobby like laying block or stone maybe.

Drink beer on ice with water added. Hydration is 90% of my problem. Who cares if it tastes like watered-down Budweiser, it was garbage in the first place.

Fundamentally change what you enjoy to what you enjoy as physical hobbies that involve more activity. You said you liked to hunt. Assuming you do not already shoot a bow, pick up archery and practice for an hour twice a day. Walking back and forth to targets is still more exercise than watching TV.

Build a deck, build a shed.

My doctor told me two years ago that I had gallstones and probably would need surgery. She also told me I had super high cholesterol and high blood pressure. I was 56 years old, 6'-5" and about #250.

She told me to try eating beets (gallstones), hydrate more, eat better, and cut way down on the booze.

Last time I checked my blood pressure it was 117 / 68. Gallstones seem to be gone. I usually come out of winter now weighing out 235 and will hit about 210 by summer.

I did the low-carb diet thing years ago when I had an office job. It worked very well, but I lost my joy for meat... because it's about the only thing I ever ate.

Vegetables, beans, beets and rice with added meat and fish are my baseline now.

Good luck to you. You are about to make a fundamental shift in your life...

Or not.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.