Originally Posted by JoeBob
If you do keto and actually do it right and don’t cheat, if you are significantly overweight, I’ll almost guarantee that you will lose 30 pounds in the first month.

It’s amazing how little food you need and how the cravings and hunger pangs go away. Friday, I cut out early to lay some sod. It rained a little, just enough to make it so I couldn’t get in back yard, and had to hump the sod out there myself. I hauled and laid three pallets of sod (1350 square feet) and finshed about 8:00 pm. I went hard at it all day because I was afraid it was about to rain more. I was too dirty to go inside. I didn’t eat. The last time I had eaten was at 6:00 p.m. the day before. I wasn’t hungry. I had no cravings. My energy levels didn’t crash and it really didn’t hit me at all until about the last half hour of work. When I got done I checked my watch and had done about 27,000 steps, around 13 miles, most of it carrying heavy sod. All while going on a 26 hour fast. Didn’t even think about food the entire time.

That’s keto. Cravings and hunger seem to disappear.

Experienced the same thing with it. I try to do it pretty strict about 1 to 2 months per year. After that if I watch carbs I tend to keep weight off pretty easy. Convinced that carbs, corn sugar, bread, cereal, tortillas, chips, soft drinks including diet are all killing us. Lot of great keto ideas out there for eating while on the run. Just takes effort to learn it and live it. You will drop pounds fast with it though if you actually stick to it.