Originally Posted by mjbgalt
This is not all. This means you have the predisposition. You do not just lose 20 pounds and it's over. This is lifestyle change. As a diabetic I have to keep track of carbs and worry about food and eat when I am not hungry sometimes to keep my sugars where they need to be.

Every time you put something in your mouth its an insulin response.

Best i can offer is lose weight if you can and cut way down on sugar and pasta and bread. Read food labels. Keep an eye on your sugar and if it gets high exercise asap to get it down.

There is also a gene related issue that is not well understood. Its not as simple as "you got fat so you are diabetic."

It's a very long battle.

Until folks understand that everything you put in your mouth has an insulin response, they are just "exercising in circles."

Only one type of diabetes, no pancreatic function

Every body has type II, its just more observable in some folks.

Insulin resistance (it is an allergic response) is created by continually challenging the pancreas----- snacking.

arthritis (pick a variety) is allergic response from wheat and carbs.

Think of exercise as an increase in circulation--- not a way to loose wt.

Exercising increases the basal metabolic rate of the body. so now your eating less energy sources (not going to call them carbs. protein ---- if your body needs energy it will use other pathways to convert what food sources are there. )

without that continued increase of basal metabolic rate , you'll put it right back on, (the gene factor, )

have your thyroid checked, and when they give you bs about TSH, tell them you want it anyway, or find another health care provider.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old