Originally Posted by jdunham
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I'm really starting to believe it's the carbs and sugars like many others here suggested,

Most people that I know of, who made big positive changes to their health, all did it with focusing on those two things.

but, carbs are large part of my diet it seems.....So, I understand the frustration...........

I will attest to cutting the carbs and sugar changing my life 3 years ago and causing 40 pounds to literally fall off. Get through the first 2 weeks or so and the carb cravings will disappear and it becomes easy to stick to it. If I eat like crap (carbs and sugar) for more than 2 days in a row now I feel almost sick and can't get back to my way of eating fast enough. The extended strays from eating well are almost always around holidays. I can eat whatever I want to here and there when I have an urge with no ill effects but if I keep eating that way my body lets me know to knock it off. Good place to be and my Dr is happy.

Cool story, care to give us examples and ideas of things to do?

I'd have to completely revamp my entire way of eating, and Gawd I love bread......