Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Five month update:

Weight is down 42 lbs. BP is 122/77. Fasting glucose is normal. HbA1c is normal. Didn’t do lipids but will in three months.

Feeling better, sleeping better, eating better. Regular exercise is a challenge but I’m improving.

P

NICE job! Doing what you have done, losing the weight and eating right, is not an easy lifestyle change for most people but it’s of tremendous benefit to you. You should be very proud of yourself for sticking to it. 👍

I don’t have any health issues and my weight is exactly where I want it to be but my “problem” was chewing tobacco. I chewed for decades but finally decided that if I wanted to take full advantage of my good health I would need to quit chewing. My wife and I just celebrated our 24th anniversary and I want at least 36 more anniversaries with my girl so I knew I needed to quit. A few months back I finished my last can and haven’t bought another one since. I don’t have the benefit of tangible improvements in my health like you have by losing so much weight. Instead I just have the satisfaction of knowing that I’ve gotten that monkey off my back and I have improved my chances of NOT getting cancer which is all the incentive I need to continue to not chew. I should however buy stock in Wrigleys gum, specifically Big Red and Juicy Fruit since I’m chewing gum like a kid that robbed the candy store. 😁

Keep up the good work and enjoy the “new you”!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~