Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I talked to my doc last week. Cholesterol is good (I’m on a statin so it’s working), BP is good (lisinopril, so that’s working), but my A1c is an RCH from diabetes. I’ve been a fat fûck for the last decade (gained 30 in the last 3 years) and the bill is due.

Tired of being tired. I can still hunt but it takes a lot more out of me. Sat down with wifey. Made the commitment to eat better and move more. Sure, I’ve made the promise before, but the specter of a physical breakdown seemed much more remote. Now I have a piece of paper that says “You’re killing yourself, dumbass.”

We’re gonna pay off the house next week. Financially set in IRA/401K, both of us. Great jobs, both of us. Great marriage. Now I just need to learn how to put the fork down.

Kinda looking forward to see if I can do it. I know what the consequences are if I don’t.

It's easy ........ Less carbs, more walking.

At 61, I struggle with the carbs a bit but did walk over 10kms today. You will be surprised at how fast you will feel better with an hour of brisk walking every day.

The walking really paid off last fall on a Nfld moose hunt. On the 1st day the guides were sizing us old guys up seeing who can walk and who can't go far. On the 2nd day, my guide took me for a 16km route march over a huge bog. No problems Shot a smaller bull on the way.

Start walking! smile