Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

The Baptist ladies all got together and convinced a friend of ours that marriage is a commitment.

It takes work they said. You said till death do us part.....

So...she gave all her money to a lawyer. Got him out of jail and got back together.

He was in the joint for beating the hell out of her....choking her and putting her head through the wall.

Pretty constantly.

We all expect him to kill her eventually.

But you know......she signed a contract that said till death do us part........

So let me make sure I got this straight.

A guy comes onto an internet website saying he is always talking to and spending time with women other than his wife because she is no fun to be around. He continually expresses angsty pride over his prowess past and present with women not his wife and brags of his escapades with same.

When it is suggested that perhaps the reason he “needs a divorce” isn’t because he isn’t with the right woman but due to his own neglect of an oath he took, that’s tantamount to telling a woman who has been physically abused to stay with her husband?

I hope you’ll pardon me if that seems like a leap, but who knows maybe there is a part of the OP’s life he doesn’t broadcast for all the world to read and he has been physically abused by his wife?

What prize does Roger receive if he remains in an unhappy marriage?

The admiration of other miserable people? The respect of a man who sleeps on the floor and has no hot water? (No offense Birdy)...

He can't buy anything with unhappiness. Neither can his wife.

If the "oath" had any value....the state wouldn't charge for a marriage license.

There is no upside to being miserable.

You get it, I raised my kids they are doing good, my turn to be happy.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter