Ingwe-San,

I've a number of rifles for which I have searched for at least 10 years. The major impediment is finding them at a price I am willing to pay! At 70, I may assume room temperature at any time, but when I find one that I have lusted after, if I can come up with the "scratch" I go for it. That is a Merkel 141, which is on a 28 gauge frame, chambered for the 30-06 Springfield. It has double triggers ( front trigger is a set trigger) which unlike my single trigger 8mm Mauser, one can select which barrel to fire first. The single trigger version has an inertia reset, and so the right barrel fires every time it is loaded and cocked. One has to fire the right barrel first before the left can be cocked and actuated. Not that I have a problem perforating one porker with two shots.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

or even three porkers with two shots!

Merkel 141, 8mm Mauser, Rimmed, single trigger

It is almost impossible to find a 141 chambered in a medium bore cartridge with the adjustable regulation feature. Sakohunter264 saw this at the Shilen swap-meet and alerted me, and grabbed it. If it had not been for him I would not have had the pleasure.

BTW, Happy Birthday Sir!

Ya!

GWB

PS: Even more cool IMHO, it is regulated for 180 gr. Remington Cor-Lokts, of which I have an ample supply!

Last edited by geedubya; 06/27/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.