Alright, looks like some good guys are wanting to join in on the fun. I was hopeful, and expecting, to see pappy348, EdM, Cert, and DigitalDan wanting to join in. Im sure m1919 and others will want to join in as well. Maybe huntsman too. I'm intrigued by his new rifle. As for the suggestions for a more "precise" shoot, lets just shoot this one a bit and see how we do. Some guys may burn out the center of the dots, if that happens, then we will go to a more precise target and scoring system. As of now though, if you break the dot, it counts as a hit. Kind of like this one:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here are some pics from yesterday at the range:
Rifle is a Savage MKI FVT single shot with a cheap (very cheap) Bushnell rimfire 6-18x40 on top. Ammo used was Eley target. The only mods I've done to the rifle was clip the trigger spring to allow for a lighter pull weight and the addition of a Boyds rimfire hunter stock. $162.99 on ebay and the rifle was on clearance for $194. The rifle was originally set up for iron sights, but I pulled them and put the scope on to compete in my clubs know your limits shoots.

Picture of target set out at 50 yards:

Picture of target shot and score of 90. I scratched out 80 because I can't count..:

2 clean misses with one that is questionable, but did break the orange (like a scoring ring) dot. I look forward to seeing some of your rifles and targets. I'm also going to be on the lookout for some better/more consistent shooting ammo... Good luck with your shooting, guys..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA