Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by zcm82
Would it be kosher to color the spots over black with a sharpie? I was gonna take a crack at it with my old iron sighted 9422 the other day, just to see how much I could embarrass myself, but I couldn't see the spots down the sights from 50... guess I'm getting old 😬

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Just change your printer setting to black and white and the dots will print as black. I did this for a couple of targets to see which would work best for my eyes.

drover

If you can even see those small dots at 50 yards, you guys have much better eyes than I do. I've been playing with my new savage target rifle and shot at 2 1" dots:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That's about the smallest dot I can see at 50 yards through iron sights. And even then I was using an aperture front, which helps. There's a guy at my club that can shoot 1/2" targets with his old mossberg target rifle. For chidts and giggles he was practicing on the know your limits targets and has actually hit the 1/4" target a few times as well. Not just the 1/4", but ran them all the way from the 2" to the 1/4". I was pretty impressed. Needless to say, in the actual event I tried and only hit 3. Ha ha.. That is only making it to the 1 1/2" target. Missed the 1" target...
This picture sucks, but not too far off from how I see them. ha ha.. Here's how the new savage target rifle does with cheap ammo on a good day:
That was the only group I shot with that rifle, on Saturday, but needed to check to see if it was still zeroed in. I shot it once in the KYL shoot, just for fun.. I'm glad to see you guys shooting this event. Its been a lot of fun. If you are up to using your iron sighted rifles, you can give it a shot. I wouldn't be able to, but good luck to those that attempt it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA