That is the biggest thing I learned from this exercise. Even though I thought at one time I was shooting good groups, and seasoning the barrels on these rifles I had some pretty good groups going before shooting for these scores, once I started shooting I realized that bit of dispersion and occasional flyers you can write off when shooting groups become glaring examples of the quality of the ammo, the quality of the gun, the skill of the shooter, and the difficulty of doing this exercise over 20 shots without cherry picking a group to post....

In other words, I was a bit surprised at how difficult this really is to do well. I let BSA shoot my 52, which is right handed and he normally shoots left handed. Even with that difficulty I think he shot a better target with my rifle than I did (but just barely wink )..... this exercise can be a humbling experience for sure, but it can also be a valuable learning experience if you choose to look at it that way. I will be trying my target rifles on the next go around on this exercise to see if I can improve on my results.... and a few more of my sporters just for fun... wink

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.