Originally Posted by PennDog
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by PennDog
Thanks BSA but based on your shooting I had better go find a Savage!!! I do want to get a couple of oldies but goodies out - a Remingston 513s, a Mossberg 42M, a Winchester 75 sporter, a BRNO 1, a Mauser 201 and an Anschutz 1422 (plus a couple of levers that have all been pretty good to me in the squirrel woods).

Thanks for setting this up - I needed some shooting therapy!!
PennDog

Excellent lineup PennDog. The KDF K22 is my most accurate rifle and one I used for a lot of years Squirrel hunting. I built the Rem. 581-541 to try and match the KDF's accuracy, while it does it also cost more dollars than the KDF did new when I bought it. The Mauser 201 I have is very close in accuracy to the KDF, so Mauser did a fair job of continuing the KDF legacy.
I have a Kimber HS I installed in a Varmint stock that I might give a whirl next.
I need to give some of the others a test drive on these targets. Rem. 504, Kimber K22 Classic, some Sako Quads, and a couple of 10-22's need to get aired out.
My rimfire rifle group isn't quite as nice as Penndog's, but they will do.

Great shooting K22 and super rifle - perfect for squirrels!! The KDFs are superb and like you my Mauser 201 is/has been extremely accurate. Also have a Kimber HS with a varmint stock that is very accurate 😄!). Will try and get these guns up and running soon - if the weather ever turns cold I may be squirrel hunting though😊).

PennDog

Thanks PennDog.
Those Kimber HS's installed in a varmint stock are really nice. After shooting the targets with the Rem., later in the day I tried the Kimber HS with SK Jag. The Kimbers target was very close to the Rem.