OK I got out today and took four rifles - 3 which I am pretty familiar with and a newer one that has a few "kinks" I need to address. What I learned though from this experience is ALL my rifle shoot far better than I do! This is much harder than I thought - I do a lot of freehand shooting but not much benchrest stuff and 20-shot groups are not something I have really ever done - so it was very humbling! Also learned wind is not my friend! Anyway the range I used is one on the lease I hunt on, in the woods and it ranges exactly at 50yds
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I shot the 40X walnut sporter first with Lapua Mater L.

It did pretty well and the last shot on the bottom right I might have gotten anxious wink and ended up 95.

Next was the newer 40X-KS that I haven't shot much and I need to find an ammo it really likes - I used Wolf Match Extra

Had it's moments - final score 75 (disregard the fact that I can't count - marked 80 on the target!!).

Next rifle was a custom 540X that I picked up (barrel and action) from Spook1 here on the fire that I stocked - still fairly new and it could also likely benefit from better ammo - used SK Standard.

Ended up at 90 here (if you let me count the bottom right one - line licker there grin))

Last rifle was a Cooper 57M - had to use three rounds from a different lot of ammo because I didn't bring enough (I've got a million excuses!!) - also SK Standard

Also a 90

Had a great time and hopefully I can get out and try some more .22s - It will be very beneficial in figuring out ammo lots, sight setting, and general getting to know the rifles.

Last edited by PennDog; 09/25/21.