Originally Posted by K22
There is some really fine shooting going on this thread.
I still think that for the most part if you were to look closely at those 10 round and up targets that have been posted, then lay them over the top of the single 1/2 dot target we are shooting you will find that the single rounds fired at each dot would lay within those 10rd. targets. Maybe not all, but the majority would.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. grin

Ha ha.. I love it.. I mainly posted targets of my iron sight 10 shot groups, but those don't count. A couple of my iron sighted rifles will never wear scopes, but that's just how it goes. I love looking at all the fine shooting rifles in this thread. Great shooters with like minds here. Glad to see everyone having fun in this event.. The other day when I was at my clubs KYL shoot, I had a guy offer to buy my 10-22. I said you haven't even shot it, how do you know you want to buy it. He said, "I just saw how you shot it". That was worth a laugh. That damn 10-22 ran all the targets 3 times in a row and you guys saw how I missed the 1/2" red dots. The KYL targets go down to 1/4" for the smallest one, as most of you know that have shot those events. So last Saturday, I gave up my 10-22 to let my buddy shoot it and I used my single shot savage FVT. I got my azz whipped with my own rifle!!! The way we shoot it is head to head. The first one to clear all targets, without missing, wins. While the damn Eley target rounds were sticking to my fingers and I was on my 6th target, they called out "winner"!!! He not only kicked my azz once, but I shot against him twice that day and he won both times. Running a single shot rifle against a damn accurate 10-22 does not work. Had it been my magazine fed MKII FVT target rifle, I may of had a chance, but it's one of those that I probably won't scope. My buddy offered me $700.00 for that 10-22 so I can buy the new left hand competition model. I'm still not sure If I'll take him up on his offer. That kidd barrel is shooting son of a gun...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA