BSA invited me to shoot at his range yesterday so I packed up a bunch of rifles and went over to try to embarrass myself in a very relaxed "competition" . After wards we brought out a few .22s and tried to shoot the precision rimfire challenge and learned some hard lessons.

Both my 52B and my 541S like SK Standard plus, but I found out the SK tends to have fliers. some by just a little bit, but some were more like "WTF" just happened? So, I tried some Eley Action and, after about 12-15 sighter rounds they started to group so I shot another target to see how I could do.... I did find out this is a lot harder than it looks even with very accurate rifles. I brought out my 541S and shot some of the Eley through it and it was grouping "okay", but not spectacular so I got out the RWS I just received and started to season the barrel. At first this stuff was all over the place with my 52B and my 541S and I was about to give up on it, but after about 15 rounds it finally started to group like I expected it to and I was able to shoot a couple more targets with it. Still not perfect targets but better than the targets I shot with SK Standard plus.... after a while a bunch of militia types opened fire in a rock pit adjacent to our gun range and the noise was like WWIII going on and incredibly distracting so we called it a day.

Thanks to BSA for inviting me and I'll try to post some pics a little later today if I can figure it out. Seems like every time I try to post pics I have to learn the system all over again....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.