Originally Posted by PennDog
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I just wanted to say thank you to bsa1917 for kicking off this postal match.

Yes, thank you bsa1917. It has inspired me enough that now I'm thinking about dragging out some more rimfire rifles to see how they perform on this target.

That's where I'm at - just drug out two "new" ones and that Remington 40X-KS again - figured maybe better ammo would help (it did along with adjusting the torque on the action screws). A friend gave me some high end target ammo and back out to the range I wen (actually a different range as it was raining this morning).
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The 40X-KS with Leupold 4.5-14X did much better and used Lapua X-Act ammo (actually in all three guns).

Next was the Kimber HS in added varmint stock with Leupold 6.5-20X EFR

Last today was a custom Winchester 52A with a Redfield 3200 24X scope....it liked the X-Act (as all pretty much did).

The wind was light this morning but did drizzle off and on - need to pick out some more to try - this will be an excellent record for me to keep with each rifle for ammo preferences!

Thanks again bsa1917!,
PennDog

Now you've really inspired me PennDog. Time to start digging out the rifle battery. LOL

Excellent shooting and a darn nice looking Win. 52. The wood on your Kimber HS really looks good and it shoots quite well I see. Those Kimber Model K22's not only look great, but shoot as well as they look..........imop of course. grin