Originally Posted by Sheister
BSA invited me to shoot at his range yesterday so I packed up a bunch of rifles and went over to try to embarrass myself in a very relaxed "competition" . After wards we brought out a few .22s and tried to shoot the precision rimfire challenge and learned some hard lessons.

Both my 52B and my 541S like SK Standard plus, but I found out the SK tends to have fliers. some by just a little bit, but some were more like "WTF" just happened? So, I tried some Eley Action and, after about 12-15 sighter rounds they started to group so I shot another target to see how I could do.... I did find out this is a lot harder than it looks even with very accurate rifles. I brought out my 541S and shot some of the Eley through it and it was grouping "okay", but not spectacular so I got out the RWS I just received and started to season the barrel. At first this stuff was all over the place with my 52B and my 541S and I was about to give up on it, but after about 15 rounds it finally started to group like I expected it to and I was able to shoot a couple more targets with it. Still not perfect targets but better than the targets I shot with SK Standard plus.... after a while a bunch of militia types opened fire in a rock pit adjacent to our gun range and the noise was like WWIII going on and incredibly distracting so we called it a day.

Thanks to BSA for inviting me and I'll try to post some pics a little later today if I can figure it out. Seems like every time I try to post pics I have to learn the system all over again....

Bob

I had a great time meeting Bob. He is a joker, good people and a great shooter. He left out the part about letting me shoot his 52B. What a beautiful rifle, but it has a custom stock with right hand cheek piece with a roll over comb. He offered to let me shoot it, but I told him I'd have to shoot it right handed and I'd be at a disadvantage. His rifles are extremely accurate. I expect he will be posting some pics of some decent targets when he gets a chance.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA