Great shooting with some very nice rifles. My $.02. Mostly due to age, I have cut back on my shooting and have sold several guns. Most recently I sold my LH CZ 452 and I sent some targets from benchrest matches to the buyer. They would hold their own very well with the targets posted here. I won several factory class matches with this rifle, and an annual aggregate.

I did extensive testing with this rifle, so I had a very good handle on its potential. It was not fussy about ammo, but I had the most consistently good results with certain lots of Wolf Match Extra. The problem with Euro ammo is that many things are not what they appear to be and there are frequent changes. You can't always tell from the packaging and head stamps. I learned straight from the owner of the unfortunately now defunct Champion Shooters Supply that Wolf and SK aren't or weren't just similar, they are the same. Norma .22s look suspiciously similar. The now-gone Federal match ammo was made by RWS in Germany. I had a shooter dispute that until I showed him the very tiny print on the carton. Now we hear that Wolf is made by Eley. Of course Eley is always changing its product line. So on it goes, and to be really serious about it you have to keep up with things and do your homework. It's even harder under current market conditions.

The single most important thing I have learned about precision shooting of .22s is the importance of wind. Most shooters, except serious benchresters, pay little or no attention to the wind factor. You seldom see wind flags except at BR matches. Time after time I have seen shooters tear their hair out over flyers where it was clearly due to the wind. Waiting for a calm day helps, but the wind is always there, and it can be sneaky. I spent many hours as a range officer watching shooters with high dollar rifles and ammo "testing", while it was clear that they were not getting meaningful results because some part of their gear and/or techniques were less than optimal. These include a very basic understanding of principles of statistical analysis.

I have a soft spot for vintage single shots. Although I have been thinning my herd. I would be sorely tempted by a nice Martini set up for a left handed shooter.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.