Originally Posted by Bob_B257
This looked like a fun challenge. Next weekend is out for any range time so I did a quick install of the DIP rail for the 457 that came in last week. Took a bit to get zero again since I had left the scope on the dialed adjustments for fooling around at 380 yards.
Today was probably the windiest I have had at this range. Its in a bowl and the swirls on the VHS tape flags were interesting to watch.

I definitely learned a lot shooting this 20 at 50 yards. If you pay attention and run when the flag is OK your good. Get distracted and loose your @%%. (Shot #3 on the top row for example). Or get in a groove and think your in the home stretch, (and drop 2 as in row 4)

You could score this as a 70 depending how you see the two that barely touch the orange. But I'm going with 80 for effort in todays wind.
This was a very fun few hours at the range. Thanks BSA for proposing the setup.
I definitely want another crack at this on a calmer day.

CZ 457 MTR
Burris 4.5-14
SK Biathlon 22lr.
Bull Bag
Protector tall ear
Wood blocking.
50 yards.

[Linked Image from bobbutler.zenfolio.com]

Cool looking range, nice rifle and good shooting. Thanks for sharing your results and shooting this event. I've never seen any of that biathlon sport SK ammo around here. You are absolutely right, the wind makes this shoot much more challenging. The other night when I was shooting, it was pretty steady at 8 mph. Not enough to move my target stand around, but it was noticeable. What I was more worried about was the sprinkles of rain. It seems like when we have done shoots in the rain at my club, everyone is affected by POI shift. We shot golfballs in the rain last saturday, it affected the hit ratio, especially with the 22lr's. Not so much with my 17HMR for some reason... I'll bet you will be trying this again on a less windy day.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA