Originally Posted by ol_mike
Along Hwy.79 Panama City Beach, Fl. there's a bike road 30-40' off to the side of the northbound lane. It's at least 10-12' wide, has enlarged rest stop spots with seats and shade, yet there they are riding on Hwy. 79 . The bike road is in far better shape than the highway road.
As you say there's a significant minority [plenty] of arrogant punks who enjoy being arrogant punks.

I ride a bike a lot for exercise, ride it around the outer perimeter of a retail strip-mall thingy place and on the road behind the place. If a car is coming I get on the sidewalk, maybe I'll get a 6.5 Creedmire and join a roadwarrior bike riding group, live to ride- ride to live bichez.

I have seen those bike paths and am envious. I would never ride on the main road with that kind of infrastructure available. With that said, as a motorist I doubt seriously that having to negotiate bicyclists on the highway would inconvenience me more than other motorists would on the same trip, and would certainly pose less of a risk than other motorists.