Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I am not sure what your point is. There are millions of motor vehicle collisions in the USA each year in which one operator failed to yield right of way. There's lots to celebrate there right?
I'll make a point here...maybe not the one you had in mind...Automobiles are steel cages, weighing in most cases at least 3000 lbs. My truck weighs 6200 lbs. The car/truck is wrapped around you with all sorts of safety devices in the cabin, mainly multiple air bags. When riding a bicycle, you are wrapped around the small alloy frame on two wheels. The impact suffered by people driving cars or trucks is mainly absorbed by the vehicle. The impact when a cyclist wrecks is absorbed by the cyclist. You lose, often your life, even if you are in the right regarding traffic laws.

Well thank you very much for that Captain Obvious. The rule of gross tonnage. Duh. In the average year fewer than 1000 bicyclists lose their lives in accidents. There are over 40,000 motor vehicle deaths. Should I be afraid of driving too?
How many times more motor vehicles are out there.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter