Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
PaulBarnard: After enduring 29 years of law enforcement duties which included countless "vehicles vs. bicycles" accident (and tending to the resulting horrific injuries!) investigations I long ago came to the conclusion that bicycles have NO place what so ever on public highways and freeways!
PERIOD!
This is not "rage" it is common sense and based on concern for the safety of my fellow humans!
Having said that some bicycling on streets and county dirt roads should be tolerated where safety is good (wide shoulders, low speed limits etc) and I fully endorse the building of bicycle paved trails and exercise areas.
Speaking of exercising "I" invite to you come stay at my home and participate in one of the most beautiful bicycle charity events on earth!
I have enclosed a link to this annual event that starts and finishes in my hometown (Dillon, Montana) and is called "The R.A.T.P.O.D. Race" (Ride Around The Pioneers in One Day).
It is a 131 mile endurance race that starts here at an elevation of 5,100' and climbs up and over two mountain passes (elevations of 6,760' and 7,400'!) and travels around the Pioneer Range of the Rocky Mountains!
This race is so popular amongst "bicycle types" that they no longer advertise for it, as they always have more applicants than the public safety officers here in our county allow to be in the "race".
Be sure and scroll down and look at the beautiful vistas you will be bicycling by as you SUFFER along.
Let me know if you will be attending and I will be your "host" and I will be there at the finish line taking your picture as you barf and gasp for air.

LINK: https://www.facebook.com/Ratpod-Ride-Around-The-Pioneers-in-One-Day-139754979414273/

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

It's invitations like these that make the Campfire what it is.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty