Originally Posted by dodgefan
Originally Posted by Rifles And More
Typical cyclist ‘ I am more nuanced and superior’ answer. Thank you.

He's not wrong, I ride quite a bit. I don't wear all the fancy lycra or clipless shoes and most of my bikes are 30+ years old. Probably 50% or more of the what I call roadies won't even acknowledge me when we pass each other. Apparently I'm in the wrong uniform or something.

Mountain bikers seem to be more laid back and considerably less elitist. Triathletes on their fancy aero bikes seem pretty cool too. I just want to get out and get some exercise and since I always liked endurance stuff cycling fits the bill.

I've wondered why some politician hasn't come up with a bicycle version of Pittman-Robertson to be honest. Seems like it would make sense to target the cycling community in order to help pay for cycling infrastructure. Those money grubbing pricks should be all over it.

Your observations parallel mine. When I am out and about riding on the path, I greet everyone. I am most likely to be ignored by an older guy in his "team jersey" riding a high dollar road bike. They always seem like they are miserable.