Originally Posted by 257Bob
It's happened to me a few times, the last I caught up to the guys at a traffic light but they refused to get out the truck so we could sort things out, the light changed and they drove off. I've basically quit riding on the road as it's becoming more and more dangerous, sticking mostly to gravel roads and trails. My town has a large bike community and they seem to think that they own the road and show very little consideration for vehicles and the often inability to safely pass large groups of cyclist. I've bought at least five bikes from local shops and spent thousands of dollars in the process so I'm not anti-bike, I'm just don't have much patience for self-righteous folks who show very little regard for others.
I've told this story here before, a guy down in Taylor MI was driving his pickup, made a turn at a light that supposedly cut off a biker. The biker gets off of his bike, walks up to the driver's side window and punches the driver in the face twice through the open window. The driver (a former marine) fires two rounds from his .45 striking the biker in the chest. Biker left two young kids fatherless, surprisingly the democrap Wayne County prosecutor didn't charge the truck driver.