Originally Posted by flintlocke
Cycloids can be militant occasionally when insisting on exercising their right. I was hauling a crusher between Hope and Salome AZ a few years back and came up behind a large group, plenty of room if they singled up along the fogline...but no, a few of them blocked the eastbound, 82,000 pounds up a 5% grade, no way I can pass, so cars were backing up behind me and 2 or more impatient ones tried to pass...close call, one car made it but didn't see the bikes in front of me, held the center line narrowly escaping a head on. The car following him deliberately went off the highway on the westbound shoulder. They had the wreck cleaned up later when I went by empty, but I don't know if anyone was injured. If they would just work a little and compromise with other drivers, that stuff wouldn't happen.

I don't get why cyclists won't work with motorists when they can. It's often very easy to work traffic around. If you had come up behind me, I'd would have got the hell out of the way as soon as I reasonably could. That's one of the beauties of a bike, it's so damn easy to make a small obstacle of yourself.