Rickt300,

The COAL of the cartridge with a 105 gr BTHP is 63.40mm

The barrel was chambered by Douglas to be able to take that cartridge length, on a bolt action Savage and also on a bolt action Ruger or Model 70 SA.

If one were to use it on an AR, then it would require a lengthened mag and action...

don't know if someone makes an AR 10 mag and action that would handle that requirement...

I'm not really an AR kind of guy, although Lord knows did I send a lot of rounds down range when I served Uncle Sam.

I don't hate ARs, even in the military I was not a spray and pray kind of guy...

in fact in basic, when we had to do night fire, we were given 66 rounds and were to do 3 round bursts, with 22 hits being a perfect score... which is usually impossible on night fire... instead I did single or two shot bursts while using my peripheral vision.. my score was in the low 30s.... I got chewed out for not following instructions... I just don't go out and sling lead..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez