Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Just use the 90 grain Speer Hotcors. And don't listen to some dumb schidt dwarf of the forest who has never shot anything other than a metal plate at more than 100 yards. Those ultra-long match projectiles will rob all your powder capacity in a 6 x 45 and give crap velocity.

The two barrels I have in 6 x 45 are long throated for the two bolt actions I have them on...powder is up to the shoulder, and the base of the bullet is seated to where its bottom is at the shoulder... there is some, but very little compression of the powder....velocity is not that far behind of the 243... its a similar concept used by the Creedmoor/ Needmore.

Anything from 85 grain to 105 grain are more than enough...the barrels will even take a 115 gr Berger, with little protrusion into the case....

The case will even work with 70 to 80 grain bullets for a blacktail.

there are a lot of bullets that will work well for deer hunting with this round...I'm not worried about anything under 250 yds, not being able to be taken down with this cartridge, if its a deer...its a better option than a 30/30 IMO... and I like the 30/30 round.
Those blacktail in southern Oregon can grow quite large, much bigger than the tiny Sitka blacktail in Alaska that Little Liar Larry pots at. I used a 90 grain Scirocco on a nice buck there at over 200 yards.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 09/03/23.