Originally Posted by gmoats
[quote=tjm10025]
The .30-30 vs AK47 example mentioned earlier brings up Raisuli's theory that gangs are highly trained and super equiped which I think most thinking people discount to some degree.

gmoats,

You gotta be cautious when using extremism when trying to prove a point. It's always better to cite actual examples of what you purport another wrote.

Gangsters do train. How extensively they train is not always certain. It's common for some gangs such as those moving drugs to recruit ex-soldiers. Others might train to the extent of planning and practicing robberies. What you have to figure out is the likelihood of facing a well-trained Black Panther or outlaw biker or lesser trained killers. It's up to you to decide. However, I know what's right for me. And since I've had experience with gangsters, I know to avoid 'em.

Never forget that there's only one sure way to survive a gunfight: don't get in one. If you can't avoid, then know that you're in one because someone wants to kill you. And I just don't like the idea of another wanting me to be a coroner's case number.

Were I you, gmoats, I'd know of gang activity in my area. Hence, if there are no gangs where you live & you're not going to venture where there are, then you're good to go. But that is not the case where I live.

Take care,

R