Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I'd be at a gigantic disadvantage, only carrying on me a Kahr P-9, and that if I were carrying a standard weight Government Model, the odds would be a good ways closer.

Please expound on that thought a little. Do you believe the .45ACP Gov't Model is that much better than a short barrelled 9MM when distance is involved?

Facing a carbine, either would be a poor choice IMO.
Just speaking personally, I shoot a Government Model quite a bit better than I do a Kahr P-9. Your mileage may vary. I do believe, however, that this same rule would apply to anyone who'd applied any significant degree of training with both. Reasons in no particular order: 1) larger hand-filling frame on the Government Model, 2) much greater weight, and therefore stability under recoil, with the Government Model, 3) trigger on the Government Model is much more amenable to precision work at distance than that of the Kahr, 4) longer sight radius on the Government Model, and 5) the .45 ACP from a five inch barrel is a somewhat better fight stopper than 9mm from a three inch barrel.