Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I'd be at a gigantic disadvantage, only carrying on me a Kahr P-9, and that if I were carrying a standard weight Government Model, the odds would be a good ways closer.

Please expound on that thought a little. Do you believe the .45ACP Gov't Model is that much better than a short barrelled 9MM when distance is involved?

Facing a carbine, either would be a poor choice IMO.

Yes, it is. Partly because of the longer sight radius but mainly because of the trigger, it it has a good one. Don't take my word for it. Put up a 12in gong at 75 or 100yd and go prone with both guns.

My interest in his thoughts lean towards the caliber selection, and if that plays a difference in his choice. Until he responds, I'm of the belief that he has a 1911A1 that is simply more accurate for him than his Kahr.

I know the 1911A1 trigger, and I know the Kahr trigger. Neither pistol would be completely optimal for the task. Maybe one is somewhat better than the other but that would be quite subjective and based on the individual representative pistols involved along with that shooter's abilities and skill level.

Some Kahrs shoot very well (I've never owned one that did for me), some 1911A1's are pure crap (carried plenty of them on active duty).

EDIT: I see the response hit while I was sending this post. Thanks for the additional info TRH. We were somewhat thinking the very same thing.