I know that.
- - - - - - -
I thought everyone would recognize my above comment as being factious. smile

I also do understand your point ... BUT I just happen to use the ammo I already have, if I want to use one of my handguns for a protective purpose. Often for the sense of security that a gun affords me in the darker places - more than the perception of any real threat.

Putting FMJ "holes" into someone is NOT necessarily ineffective. (As you said otherwise.)

Putting holes into someone where there isn't supposed to be any holes - can still make them just as dead. It happens all the time.

For me, I don't concern myself with all the ballistic comparisons and honed readiness of handgun combat/self defense.

I am comfortable with a good gun and any bullet (which is still quite effective) in the unlikely situation that I would have to deploy it anyways.

I was trying to make a point (earlier post) that the people who are doing all the senseless killing are doing an effective job using only common guns and common ammo.

Citizens who are MORE discriminating, certainly have the right to exercise ALL the stratigical options at their disposal. I respect that.

I probably have a firearm accessable when I want one, MORE than ayone else that I associate with. But certainly not nearly as much as many of the good folks on this Handgun Forum.

I'm only 'offering' a different opinion that happens to suit ME - And NOT recommending my particular view to anyone else.