Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Interesting that you should say that. NH K9 commented once that he always developed a plan to kill everyone in the room in any given instance. Not as diabolical as it seems. He simply meant that he works out scenarios to deal with a situation of one or more of the people near him suddenly going homicidal.

Given that NH-K9 is a LEO & probably goes into places he'd probably really rather not be, that only makes good sense............I did that in times past when I was willing to go places & get involved in doing things I just simply don't do anymore.

As I said in my earlier post, avoidance keeps you out of a lot of potential schitty situations, but if you are going into anything at all that could put you at risk, you absolutely have to have a plan & then a fall-back plan on top of that.

Pretty basic strategy & tactics, really.

As a rule, I don't carry because I think I'm going to need it on any given day; I carry for the just-in-case scenario.

My wife carries, too & is a pretty respectable shooter & she is cool & calm as well, so when we are together, I'm fortunate to have a backup.

MM