Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by Raisuli
WTM45,

I am still waiting for you to tell me how you KNOW how many people have gone t*ts up after being capped with a 9MM Luger and how many gave up ghosts due to the .45 ACP. Did you rely on something you read in a gun magazine, or did you just make it up?

Trying to reason my way through your wild accusation, it would be impossible to know unless one perused autopsy reports, which I'd bet you haven't. So that leaves the FACT that you're willing to spread bullsugar in order to try to win an argument, which makes you awfully darn suspicious.

Next thing you're gunna write is that a 9MM Luger & not silver bullets is what really works to send Dracula back to his castle.

R

Any simple study of actual historical military documents will clearly show how many countries have issued and used the 9MM in combat operations around the globe.
Ordinance issue reports continue to support the premise that more 9MM ammo has been created, issued and expended through handguns worldwide than .45ACP.
One country alone has burned more 9MM rounds in combat than you can dream.

Regradless of what you THINK or imagine the 9MM was designed for combat, is a combat proven round and is well designed for such.

The amount of factual information is quite vast, and is easily found by someone who would wish to increase their knowledge of military small arms and their application.

I suggest you do your own work. Seems you don't have a decent grasp of what has occured within the US regarding military small arms, nevertheless the entire globe.

I offer you resources, you dismiss them out of hand without consideration. Why would I waste time sharing more of my library with you?

I will refute incorrect information at will. Be prepared.

WTM45,

Just what research info have you provided other than your proclamations?

Are you assuming that because a handgun was issued that it was actually used in combat? That is was designed for combat? Not even the venerable Peacemaker was designed for combat. It was a frontier weapon that was used in combat.

The 9MM is a horrible self-defense round when compared with other, more suitable rounds. In the 80's it was all the rage in law enforcement, assuredly due to high capacity handguns that chambered it. But now it's not found that often on the hips of our nation's cops. The agencies for which I used to work do not even allow its cops to carry a 9MM. One issues only the .45 ACP while the other limits handguns to either the .40 or .45.

I used to work with a woman whose hands were too small for an H&K USP full-size .45 ACP. The agency that employed us allowed her to carry a compact version, but it was .45 ACP.

It seems as though you've postured yourself into the untenable position of 9MM superiority and will rely upon your assertions without factual basis for supporting them.

If you want to believe the 9MM is all that, have at it. But your proclamations without proof is fantasy...just like your proclamation about how many people have been killed by the 9MM. You have no clue how many people have died as a result of a 9MM nor does anyone. At best it's a guess. Yet you insist it's factual. As a former professor I once had used to refrain, theory w/o facts is fantasy. So where are your facts to support your fantasy???

A battle handgun is a last resort weapon save for those sent into tunnels in Vietnam. The idea is to prepare so a soldier does not have to rely upon a last resort weapon.

Finally, you have repeatedly asserted that the 9MM was designed for battle. Yet you have provided no proof of your claim. Please provide a link that supports your claim. I'm sure the 9MM was designed to kill, but that's not even close to it being a battle weapon unless you're implying its use as a submachine gun round.

In contrast, the US Army found that handguns, namely the .38, that were used in battle were wholly ineffective. Therefore, it commissioned its ordinance department to accept bids from small arms manufacturers for handguns designed for battle that were chambered for a cartridge that would work as a weapon of last resort. The 1911A1 proved to work so well that in the Korean War many soldiers preferred it to the .30 Carbine.

Keep close to your heart the FACT that theory w/o facts is fantasy.

R

Last edited by Raisuli; 10/22/11.