Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Don't be disengenuous, Hawk.

I'm not trying to knock you down here. I have no ego invested in this. But the wound ballistics research field and literature is pretty solid on what kinds of terms have meaning, and what really counts in terms of wound/terminal ballistics. "Destructive impact" may mean something to you personally, but that doesn't mean it has any bearing or meaning among beyond that.

Keep in mind I'm not denigrating your choice of the .45 ACP as your personal defense caliber. It's my choice most of the time as well. I'm just saying that there's not a whole lot of solid evidence to support it as a "better" caliber than the 9mm or 40 S&W. We all make our choices for a lot of reasons, many of which are not rational.
Not being disingenuous. Perhaps you should look that one up, too. You indicated that you were confused as to the meaning of the words I used, so I recommended an English dictionary, since they were English words.

Keep digging deeper. You've already got the asshat meter pegged, let's see if you can break the needle.