Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
had no idea we were related Mark!

felt very familiar reading your words, great post.

told someone the other day I'd entered the dangerous stage of my life.

used to be willing to take an azz whuppin or give one, now I'm not so inclined to take one. eek

so I have to be extremely careful, actually had a confrontation with 4 misguided young men last week. But I had a sheetrock hammer handy, so two were going down hard and who knows what happens after that, depends upon the mindset and speed of the two remaining.

amazing that they didn't seem to want any of it when the issue was pressed. Guess they were just trying to sell some wolf tickets and picked the wrong gray bearded old geezer as a customer.

When I was younger and training all the time (boxing, Kenpo, firearms, etc.), I walked with a bit more of an air of confidence and I saw that carried well. Often times I�d have someone begin to challenge me from afar, only to back down when they got up close and realized I was more than willing to accommodate them; somehow, body language I suppose, they got the impression I wasn�t the soft target they thought I was (I always had a bit of a baby face). That was nice; pretty handy. My oldest boy has that due to his size (6�6� 350lbs); only the really dumb ones tie into him�they always lose.

I haven�t had anyone mess with me in a LONG time, and I thank God for that every day. Since I had my knee replacement and I�m significantly less capable. My hand speed is still good, but my footwork has gone all to hell. I have a tough time in the ring these days, but I still enjoy getting in the ring from time to time (but these young doods hit HARD; thank God for head gear).

If I were smart, I�d carry a can of pepper spray, but it�s kinda hard to find in my town.