Originally Posted by RJM
wbyfan1...was wondering what you are getting for velocity with RL-25 and those bullets.

One of the reasons I'm looking at the 100 grain Swift Scricco is its .429 BC. The Accubond is .418. Most of the other bullets under 110 grains are in the .370-.395 area.

Bob

Bob,

With a 26 inch barrel, my pet load using RL-25 and the 115 Ballistic Tip usually chrono's right at 3400fps or just a skosh more. The load I use with the 110 AB typically runs a little over 3450. These numbers mimic factory ammo velocities. For what it's worth, I've discovered my best accuracy at or very close to max.

I've never tried the 100 Scricco, but a .429 BC would make them worth looking at, especially since they'd hold up well at higher velocities. I've had such good luck with the 115 BST, I just hate to waste powder and barrel life trying to find anything better. The 115, .257 caliber Ballistic Tip holds up better than most people think. For hunting whitetail, hogs, coyotes, etc.., they work wonderfully. If I were to go after large, thick skinned game, I'd look at something a little tougher though.