guys I have spent many days and years developing my 257 weatherby handloads in about 10 different type of rifles some factory guns some custom guns.sure the custom guns usally shot the best, have noticed some Remington bolt rifles don`t like higher pressures, the old Winchester model pre-64 does and ruger number 1`s seem to handle the most pressure. I have had a manufacture of ammo test my load and says for sammi specs I am at max but still safe. I have killed a lot of animals with my load and my son has too. we use as I said before 100 gr. swift a-frame bullets and shoot a velocity of 3800 fps. the 257 weatherby is just one heck of a flat shooter killin round , I own all other cartridges mention and many more, but my go to rifle for deer is always my ruger number 1 in 257 weatherby . now is it the best cartridge out there to shoot deer with ? maybe -maybe not ? many of us just like this cartridge a lot and really don`t care who doesn`t like it ,but you can bet the 257 weatherby will be in my deer stand and will always go west when I hunt deer too !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman