Originally Posted by Big Stick

'Kane,

I reckon good wire cutters are one of the first things you boys toss in your pockets.(grin)

Unfortunately,I was never able to get the 100X to go that slow in any of my 257Wby's...though my 25-06AI liked the Blue Meanies right at 3600fps on the nose. Shot bajillions of 'em in all of my 25-284's(22,23 and 24") at 3400fps or better.

The KS is a right proper fair to middlin' handle and do nice thangs,as long as you don't poke too much recoil into them(frail tangs on mine at 25oz). Were I starting over and trying to fill a L/A KS handle,it'd be in a 22" MR contour 1-8" 6-06,wearing DD's and a 6x MQ. It's sub 6Mils to the 1000yd line from a 250yd zero,10 Mils is 1275yds and 5Mils of 10mph full value wind transpires at the 1800yd line.

As an aside,how you's steerin' them lazy 100X's? Reticle? CDS? BDC? The Force? Or do you have Strategic Haybales set up,so you never have to contend anything beyond zero?(grin)

This schit is all "new" to me.

Laughing!..................

I had the stock altered to house a wirecutter for just such emergencies. grin

"The KS is a right proper fair to middlin' handle and do nice thangs,as long as you don't poke too much recoil into them(frail tangs on mine at 25oz). Were I starting over and trying to fill a L/A KS handle,it'd be in a 22" MR contour 1-8" 6-06,wearing DD's and a 6x MQ. It's sub 6Mils to the 1000yd line from a 250yd zero,10 Mils is 1275yds and 5Mils of 10mph full value wind transpires at the 1800yd line."

I could very well like this a bunch.

No frills in the reticle on the Wby - straight duplex. Tis meant to be a point and shoot and it works quite well for that application - though it doesn't get hunted all that much.

Now, I may have recently more than considered a .243 to step in for the Wby for sitting in said hay bales. Thinking you'd approve - except for the bullet I'd like to drive so I'll just keep that one a secret for now. grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D