Originally Posted by pete53
guys I have spent many days and years developing my 257 weatherby handloads in about 10 different type of rifles some factory guns some custom guns.sure the custom guns usally shot the best, have noticed some Remington bolt rifles don`t like higher pressures, the old Winchester model pre-64 does and ruger number 1`s seem to handle the most pressure. I have had a manufacture of ammo test my load and says for sammi specs I am at max but still safe. I have killed a lot of animals with my load and my son has too. we use as I said before 100 gr. swift a-frame bullets and shoot a velocity of 3800 fps. the 257 weatherby is just one heck of a flat shooter killin round , I own all other cartridges mention and many more, but my go to rifle for deer is always my ruger number 1 in 257 weatherby . now is it the best cartridge out there to shoot deer with ? maybe -maybe not ? many of us just like this cartridge a lot and really don`t care who doesn`t like it ,but you can bet the 257 weatherby will be in my deer stand and will always go west when I hunt deer too !

You "Lucky" Kchunt...Santy Claws brought you (6) boxes of Stupid and you opened them all. Congratulations?!? Laughing!

Firstly,do "tell" about your "days and years" of Load Development in regards to the 257Wby. I ASSURE you,it will be funnier than fhuqk! Hint.

Secondly, do "tell" about your "sammi specs" Delusions. Nevermind that it's still SAAMI there dumbfhuqk. Hint.

Thirdly,do "tell" about how you make "pressure determinations" in "various rifles",along with your "sammi specs" and given the greenlight on those margins,how the Ruger was the "winner". Spare NO "details",as this will be EPIC fhuqking hilarity. Hint.

Fourthly,do "tell" about how after both "days and years" of relentless "development",you lost a bet fhuqking big enough to be able to convince yourself that a 100gr .318BC bullet was "THE Grail". Spare NO "details",as this will be EPIC fhuqking hilarity. Hint.

Fifthly,do "tell" about said rifle's "particulars",to include barrel make/type,bore diameters and length,along with throat geometry "nuances". Double dog dare to dangle pics of the pieces of fhuqking schit. Spare NO "details",as this will be EPIC fhuqking hilarity. Hint.

Sixthly,do "tell" who this "manufacture of ammo" was,that granted these Delusions. Embellish as you must and use as much Imagination and Pretend as you dare/need. Spare NO "details",as this will be EPIC fhuqking hilarity. Hint.

Seventhly,do "tell" about the "trevails" of The Stand and how those grueling demands factored into your "days and years" of unparalleled "research and development". Spare NO "details",as this will be EPIC fhuqking hilarity. Hint.

Eigthly,do "tell" about the mount base/rings and glass selection,which adorn these heralded Death Rays. Spare NO "details",as this will be EPIC fhuqking hilarity. Hint.

Looking as much forward to the Silence,as I am more Excuses and outright bullschit fhuqking lies...though in no particular order. Hint. Laughing!

Now back to Reality.

For fhuqking conversation a S/A 700 based Brux 23" .236" bore 6-284 will scoot a .547BC at 3350fps. You'll haveta pardon such things ACTUALLY existing. Hint.

They look like this. I'd just shot an Otter in the head with it at 680yds.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Pardon my groovin' on the colors.

[Linked Image]

As compared to a 22" Brux .236" 243AI and like weight projectiles at 3200fps and more magfed smooches. Pardon such things existing. Hint.

[Linked Image]

On the brightside,you can match S/A 6-284 performance on a L/A 700. .236" Krieger AMU-ish here,with DBM magfed smooches.

[Linked Image]

Anywhoo...it took (3) presses of the trigger and a "whopping" timeframe of less than 5-minutes,to arrange said load(.547 BC at 3350fps ala '200's,'22,a smooch and false shoulder finite headspace control) in the 6-284.

Assumin' an arbitrary 200yd zero for your "sammi special" at 3800fps with PingPong Balls and the cited short action,the short action has cut the 450fps velocity "advantage" to a paltry 9fps at the 300yd line. Though of course,nine fhuqking feet a second might really be sumptin',in a stand?!? Fhuqking laughing! Hint.

In fairness,the long action Magnum and it's extry 20grs of powder and 5grs less boolit weight,which yields that initial 450fps "advantage"...do ALMOST shoot a full one-inch flatter at the 400yd line with like zero. Although the short action drifts less starting within the 50yd line,then glaringly magnifies same by drifting but 59.7" at the 1000yd line,as compared to your sammi decade delusion's 118" at same,in like 10mph full value. Cheer up,the short action is "only" arriving the scene 157fps faster at the 400yd line. Fhuqking laughing! Hint.

At the 1000yd line the short action has CRUSHED the 450fps initial launch "advantage" and swung the pendulum the other way,to arrive 585fps faster for a 1035fps gross yield. Hell,but on the REALLY brightside,the sammi whammy does have NEARLY a full 50 foot lb of "energy" advantage at the 200yd line. Fhuqking laughing! Hint.

Best part is...all of it reliably sails over your pointy heads and sticks in the roof of your stand. Laughing!

Be sure to "tell" me about your 6-284's and 6-06's too. Laughing!

Now if only food for fhuqking thought,the 243AI will scoot them slickery 90 Skinners at 3500fps and with a like 200yd zero(or ANY other),slaps the sammi whammy fhuqking silly. 'Course nothing from Swift can begin to hang in the Precision Department either,if only for more conversation,that is beyond your means,abilities and comprehension to savvy. Hint.

There ain't too many Stupid Fhuqks that are STUPID enough,to "brag" about schleppin' a long action belted rifle and a long spout,just to be a distant second fiddle to a .473" short action round and it's magfed smooches. Congratulations?!?

Be sure to "tell" me more,as that was a very GOOD talk. Please know,that I will happily purchase from you,a video of you trying to tie your shoes and/or trying to sneak up on a glass of water. Cash on the barrel head,being given. Hint.

Laughing!

Wow +P++!

I just took a bow..........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."