5 or 6 pages, easy, with name calling, too. grin

The only real, undeniable issue with the 1911 is magazine capacity. And yeah I know there are double stack 1911's out there, but they seem to be fussy gamer guns, and they feel like a 2x4 to me.

The original mil-spec gun had tightly controlled specs, and things were carefully made. Today even the $1000 guns tend to cut corners - they might not have a hard extractor, or they are careless with bead blasting, and roughen surfaces that need to be smooth.

The closest thing to a scientific study I've seen found that high-end 1911's (Wilson and Baer) have similar failure rates to Glocks, with Colt being a little behind them. Some makes, like Kimbers, are over 40% having issues, according to the same study. H&K crushed everyone in the same survey, FWIW. It jived pretty well with my experience.

I've owned over 20 different 1911's. Some I trust implicitly, some I got rid of, and some are fun guns that have their limitations. The oldest is a 1911A1 Sistema from the '50's, that runs flawlessly with ball ammo, and wants nothing to do with hollow points. So it gets ball smile

Yes I have owned two Glocks. Never kB!'d one, don't ever recall any jams, don't particularly like them. Seems like the 1911's that rattle as much as Glocks tend not to jam, either, and they still shoot better grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."