Slow down guys, this is being worked on as a favor from a good friend. The only money I'm out is for parts. First off it's a series 80 Colt bought with a very low round count and no work was done to it prior. The gun was poorly fitted from the factory though.

So far we've changed out the plastic trigger, fitted a new thumb safety because the original had so much slack it would flip up on recoil. Changed out the bushing cause the original was too loose, it was loose because the barrel sat in the upper crooked and tilted. The barrel has been fitted roughly and this weekend was a test run, nothing more. Burrs were all over every piece inside the gun. The ejector was tuned, new springs and I don't know what else he has done to the gun but we ain't through.

My point is in this adventure, I've talked to more 1911 owners and have yet to find one that bought one that was 100% out of the box when pressed. This one will be running before long but I'm still certain 1911's have plenty of weaknesses.