Originally Posted by bea175
I love my 1911's and I also love my Glock's and my opinion if you can call this a weakness, is that most or all 1911's that i would stake my life on require a lot more work to function 99% of the time and this will cost twice the price of a Glock 19,23 or 32 . You can buy any of the above Model Glock's and out of the box it will run 100%

Usually... but then if it is "usually" that isn't 100%. I've seen Glock pistols with small part breakages and the occasional choke and puke. I ran herd over a couple dozen Gen II G22 pistols for several years and saw extractors break, front sights disappear, ect. We shot Federal American Eagle 180 gr. practice ammo which was generally pretty good stuff and on the odd occasion here and there a gun would malfunction in one way or another. Sometimes that was an ammo or shooter problem but once in awhile it couldn't be explained, it just happened. Nothing mechanical is "perfection" really though modern good quality pistols are pretty darned close given a decent chance. My money would be on a G17 or 19 for dead nuts reliability in the Glock line up.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.