Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by TWR

....But every 1911 fan has never had a single malfunction, I wish I could be so lucky.

Well.....if you had a gun that never had a malfunction, I'd expect you'd be a fan of that gun too.

What are you sayin' though? That all those who say they never had a malfunction are lying? For the record - I never claimed I never had or saw a malfunction in a 1911. But my current 1911 has yet to miss a beat. Previous one has been perfect after a little tuning.

I'm saying I wish I could find one that ran 100%. No one wants to like the 1911 more than me but it just ain't happening. I got my Colt Combat Commander back this week and ran 300 rounds through it this weekend. Had probably 10 failures to fully chamber with Lead rounds and Winchester ball. That doesn't count the last rounds popping up in 4 magazines every stinking time. Had a few stove pipes on empty cases. Ran Colt mags, Pachmyer and CMC, all had problems. It's so frustrating to be able to shoot a pistol so well but not be able to trust it for an afternoon of fun, nevermind defending myself with it.

Did run 50 rounds of SWC's that were very mild shooting without issue but this is a 45, you know it's supposed to throw 230 gr bullets at 800 fps.

My Sig 228 and S&W Shield ran 500 rounds without a single issue and the Sig shoots tighter groups than any pistol I've tried.

A 1911 should always run without a problem one with proper specs will. You should be able to shoot ant 230 grain load through a 1911 without a hitch including +Ps. If not there is a problem that needs correcting.
Mine shoot any load that I put in them without fail.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first