Originally Posted by TWR

My point is in this adventure, I've talked to more 1911 owners and have yet to find one that bought one that was 100% out of the box when pressed.

I have several that have run from the git-go: Wilson Combat, DW Guardian, Christensen, 2 S&Ws's, a Springfield TRP & a parts gun built from the ground up.

I do have several others that got some minor tweaking & are now perfect: Colt Combat Commander (mid-'70's vintage), Kimber TLE.

Also a Ruger which has not been shot enough yet to know how it will be other than one of the factory mags is a problem when fully loaded; Tripp Cobra Mags seems to take care of it so far, but it needs more rounds through it to be sure.

Tripp & Wilson are the only mags I will use but the Christensen came with 3 mags that look amazingly similar to McCormacks, but stamped with Christensen's logo & they are perfect so far.

I will admit that, with a few exceptions, I usually take a newly acquired gun down & inspect all the components & sometimes fine tune a part if I feel the need, simply because that's my way.

Originally Posted by TWR

This one will be running before long

Well, maybe.........

Originally Posted by TWR

but I'm still certain 1911's have plenty of weaknesses.

Don't confuse "weaknesses" with piss poor workmanship or parts fitted incorrectly.

Yes, 1911's do need to be fitted correctly, if you want to call that a weakness, but once done right they will run.........usually for a very long time.

The biggest "weaknesses" 1911's have today is the people who shouldn't own them, owning them & talking about their "weaknesses".

MM