The 1911 was a thoroughly refined and tested design over a century ago, and was known for reliability under adverse conditions.

Then sometime around the early 80's they became very popular and very unreliable as they came from the factory.

What happened?

So every manufacturer started to arbitrarily "improve" the old design because the shooting public wanted higher capacity, customized 1911s, and they wanted to make money and here's a hint...if you don't change the design enough, you can't patent it to protect your profits.

McCormick and Wilson made millions selling their "improved" 8rd mags and "improved" parts and all the problems followed thereon.

That, and every manufacturer that could afford to import off-shore parts started "customizing" the specs and selling out-of-spec parts to the public...parts that would have been rejected by a US government inspector if they tried to sell them to the government.

JB had it figured out, but today's hot-shots are smarter than he was, but today there is no quality control system to protect the shooter from bad ideas that don't work...but at least you can't copy the defective designs, because of the patents.

Also, gov ball ammo has specific specs too. The shape of the round nose bullet itself is important to the function and is specified in the original drawings.

Anyway, none of your mags are correct for the 1911 and that is one reason why you are having problems. The last round popping up is a common problem with those mags and changing the follower to another one that is also not correct won't help.

The other specs like the ammo, frame and barrel and such would have to be inspected to figure it out. A lot of chambers and barrels are not cut correctly and will never run right.

You can't criticize the 1911 design for out-of-spec manufacturing. Glocks are more reliable out-of-the-box for several reasons...not the least of which is the fact that Glock patents are still in place and Glocks are made by one manufacturer...Glock.

Anyway, my 1911s run fine with several mags and different bullet nose shapes as long as the ammo is good...clean or dirty doesn't matter...but I wouldn't run those mags because of potential feeding problems and they tend to damage the extractor.

I built a few of my 1911s on original 80s Springfields and the only parts I kept were the frame and slide and grips were ok...most of the other parts were too far out-of-spec to fix or just too poorly made to waste my time with.

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...